Due to the New York State COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 Showcase planned for April 25th has been cancelled. When the restrictions are lifted, hopefully in a few months, we will review the potential of scheduling another event in the near future. Please check back for updates!
Local Workshops for 2019-20
- Using Stationary Power Tools – Alan VanDeMoere; October 26, 2019
- Shaker Table 1, design, material selection, layout, lumber machining – Alan VanDeMoere; November 2, 2019
- Shaker Table 2, mortise and tenon rails, top glue up, tapering legs – Alan VanDeMoere; November 16, 2019
- Shaker Table 3, assembly, finishing, finish-the finish – Alan VanDeMoere; December 7, 2019
- Shaker Table 4, hand cut dovetails – Alan VanDeMoere; January 11, 2020
- Introduction to Spindle Turning – Mike Brawley; February 1, 2020 (NOTE DATE CHANGE)
- Tuning a Peppermill – Terry Lund; March 7, 2020
- Build a Bench Bull – John Alescio; April 4, 2020 (CANCELLED)
- Veneering for Beginners – TBD; May 2, 2020 (CANCELLED)
National Speakers for 2019-20
- Alf Sharp – Fine Furniture and Finishing; September 20 and 21, 2019
- Seri Robinson – Spalted wood, turner and woodworker; October 18 and 19, 2019
- Paul Schürch – Marquetry and veneer artist; November 22 and 23, 2019
- Tom McLaughlin – Fine Furniture & Rough Cut TV; January 17 and 18, 2020
- Mike Mascelli – H.O. Studley presentation & wood finishes and restoration; February 21 and 22, 2020
- Dave Hurwitz – Fine furniture, design, and how to price,sell, and market your products; March 20 and 21, 2020
- Glenn Lucas – Woodturner; May 21, 22, 23 and 24, 2020 (together with Finger Lakes Woodturners Association – FLWA)
We are a group of men and women in Upstate NY dedicated to the enjoyment of woodworking. Membership includes lectures and workshops by renowned woodworking personalities and local professionals as well as free access to our extensive lending library of books and videos.
RWS welcomes everyone interested in the craft whether professional or hobbyist. Join the company of hundreds of enthusiasts – carvers, turners, furniture makers, boat builders, and other skilled craftspeople and take your woodworking skills to a new level.